Doula & Hypnosis Instructor
Mandy Schutt was backpacking around the world when she decided that she wanted to become a doula. As she floated through the Amazon Pampas with two European midwives, she was immediately captivated by their birth stories and the culture of womanhood that they spoke of. Traveling on through South America, Europe, and Asia, she was able to witness motherhood in a different light than she had before. When she ran across the term, "doula" for the first time, she knew this was a name she wanted to claim for herself!
Mandy looks at a woman's ability...
Read more >>
- Birth Matters by Ina May Gaskin
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Birth and Breastfeeding: Rediscovering the Needs of Women During Pregnancy and Childbirth by Michel Odent
- Magical Child by Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein
- The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Born in the USA: How a Broken Maternity System Must Be Fixed to Put Women and Children First by Marsden Wagner