Judy Willis, MD, MEd
After graduating Phi Beta Kappa as the first woman graduate from Williams College, Judy Willis attended UCLA School of Medicine where she was awarded her medical degree. She remained at UCLA and completed a medical residency and neurology residency, including chief residency. She practiced neurology for 15 years before returning to university to obtain her teaching credential and master's of education from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She then taught in elementary and middle school for 10 years.
Dr. Judy Willis is an authority...
Read more >>
Dr. Willis is on the adjunct faculty of the Graduate School of Education, University of California and gives presentations to parents and educators nationally and internationally about how to help children learn joyfully and successfully. She is on the Board of Directors of the Hawn Foundation, dedicated to helping children improve academic performance and acquire vital social and emotional skills. In 2011, she was honored by Edutopia, as a “Big Thinker on Education”.
Books Written By This Expert
- How Your Child Learns Best: Brain-Based Ways to Ignite Learning and Increase School Success
- Learning to Love Math: Teaching Strategies that Change Student Attitudes and Get Results
- Teaching the Brain to Read: Strategies for Improving Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
- Research-Based Strategies To Ignite Student Learning: Insights from a Neurologist/Classroom Teacher
- Inspiring Middle School Minds: Gifted, Creative, Challenging
- Brain- Friendly Strategies for the Inclusion Classroom