Edwin A. Locke, PhD
Psychologist & Author
Edwin A. Locke, PhD, is Dean's Professor (Emeritus) of Leadership and Motivation at the R.H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park. He received his BA from Harvard in 1960 and his PhD in Industrial Psychology from Cornell University in 1964.
He has published over 300 chapters, notes and articles in professional journals, on such subjects as work motivation, job satisfaction, incentives, and the philosophy of science. He is also the author or editor of 12 books, including The Selfish Path to Romance: How to Love...
Read more >>
Dr. Locke has been elected a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the American Psychological Society, the Academy of Management, and has been a consulting editor for leading journals. He was a winner of the Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Award at the University of Maryland, the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the Career Contribution Award from the Academy of Management (Human Resource Division), the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy of Management (Organizational Behavior Division), and the James McKeen Cattell Fellow Award from the Association for Psychological Science. He has been a writer and lecturer for the Ayn Rand Institute and is interested in the application of the philosophy of Objectivism to behavioral sciences.
Books Written By This Expert
- The Selfish Path to Romance: How to Love with Passion & Reason, Inspired by the Ideas of Ayn Rand
- Study Methods & Motivation: A Practical Guide to Effective Study
- Handbook of Principles of Organizational Behavior: Indispensable Knowledge for Evidence-Based Management
- The Essence of Leadership: The Four Keys to Leading Successfully
- New Developments in Goal Setting and Task Performance
- Goal Setting: A Motivational Technique That Works!
- The Prime Movers: Traits of the Great Wealth Creators
- Postmodernism and Management: Pros, Cons and the Alternative